Backstory

Rich girl and attendant, both same age. Attendant's family has served rich girl for generations, and live in quarters on the family's estate.

As children, the girl would often invite the attendant to play when they both didn't have any lessons or duties to attend to. One day, the girl unexpectedly had some time, so she went to surprise and invite the attendant. She went to the servants' quarters unannounced. Before she made her presence known, however, she heard shattering as well as yelling.

She looks through a window and sees the attendant being beaten, a shattered teacup next to him. He is being scolded for serving the tea too slowly, how his performance must be absolutely perfect for the family. Scared, the rich girl runs back to her house.

Privately, she discusses what she saw to her parents. However, her parents tell her that nobles don't show preference to any one servant, and that is just the way things are. Hearing this, the girl is practically bursting into tears. Seeing this, her father/mother kneels down and tells her that if she wants to help him, she may assign him as her personal attendant, so he will stay with her at all times. Wiping her tears, the girl does that.

Story

Cut to high school, and a club that is being formed. They are short on members, though. In comes two people, a cheery girl and a stoic boy. The girl declares that they want to join the club.

Day to day* life in the club occurs.

Climax

In an ambush, the girl gets kidnapped by a pompous noble she'd rejected in the past and the guy is unable to save her. The guy flashbacks to all the abuse he faced back then, telling him that his performance wasn't good enough and that he wouldn't be able to properly serve the family. The club manages to save the girl and expose the noble, but the guy says he failed the girl, and says he is no longer worthy of being her attendant before resigning. He doesn't appear at the estate that night, or the following nights.

Ending

The club spreads out to find the guy, searching high and low. The girl finds the guy standing by the edge of a fast river, just staring. She calls out to the guy and runs down to him. The guy glances at her before looking back at the river.

"Who said you could quit being my personal attendant?"

"... I'm not worthy of being by your side-"

"Who cares about that? I appointed you to be my personal attendant. You are my attendant because I chose you. I decide whether or not you're- AH!"

The girl slips and falls into the river. She is swept down the current. The guy panics and chases after her. He jumps into the river and swims desperately. He manages to grab hold of her and then grab a tree root before climbing out.

- Cut to them sitting by a fire. The guy is moving some wood with a stick, and the girl is sitting with the guy's coat around her. -

The girl speaks up.

"Thanks for saving me."

"..."

"You've always been by my side, protecting me from danger. No matter where I went, what I was doing, you were there to make sure I was safe."

"... Except for when you were kidnapped."

The girl smiles sadly. "But you still rescued me."

"..."

"Do you remember when we were kids, and we would play together?"

"... Yeah."

"We'd run around the gardens, look at the flowers bloom, and just lie down under the sun. Good times."

"... Yeah."

"Do you know why I made you my personal attendant?"

"To keep me away from my abusive family."

The girl hugs the guy from behind. "I did it because I wanted you to be with me forever. I wanted us to have fun together, and I wanted to make you smile just as much as you made me."

The rest of the club finally get to where the guy and girl are. They don't disturb the scene, instead watching from afar.

The guy puts the stick down and places his hands on the girl's. The girl continues. "Don't leave me, [attendant]. Let's keep playing together. Let's keep having fun and making memories with each other."

The girl releases the guy from her embrace, the guy turns to face her. The girl is smiling sweetly. The guy smiles as well. Tears begin welling from both of their eyes, and they embrace each other tightly, until the club members finally call out to them, and everyone goes home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog